Acro, short for Acrobatic Arts is a unique blend of dancing and gymnastic disciplines that is taking the dance world by storm. Impressive gymnastic moves are blended with steps and routines from the classic dance world for an athletic and inspiring modern dance fusion.
Led by our trained instructor Olivia Thompson, Acrobatic Arts focuses on the five visions of AcroDance and has elements from many other dance traditions including ballet, modern dance and jazz. It also uses elements from fitness activities such as yoga and Pilates alongside physiotherapy principles to increase strength and balance through safe and effective progressions with proven results in five areas:
Simple thoughtful progressions take the beginner preschool level dancer from log rolls and somersaults to the advanced dancer tumbling effortlessly across the stage! Acro also helps to develop fine and gross motor skills in a fun and enjoyable way.
Acro, like any type of dance, is a great form of self-expression and will help to build self-confidence as well as making you less prone to trip and falls which can lead to injuries.
What are the benefits of an ACRO course?
- Improved flexibility and balance
- Increased confidence
- Better co-ordination
- Greater self-expression
- Helps alleviate back pain by strengthening the core (this is a big one!)
What you need to know before attending an ACRO course
- Duration: Between 45 - 55 minutes, depending on the age group.
- Equipment: we supply all equipment needed
- Attire: cycling shorts / fitted leggings and a leotard or fitted t-shirt for the boys (no loose clothing), bare feet, hair tied back.
- Difficulty level: Appropriate for beginners all the way to more advanced children.
Check out the class timetable here.