Racquets Classes Including Tennis, Squash And Racquetball
We just love racquet sports at Kings - and our ambition is always to convey that passion to our entire membership family, regardless of age or ability.
From children to mums and dads, through to more senior players and wheelchair users, from tennis to squash and racketball, our courts welcome everyone - future Grand Slam champions or people perhaps picking up a racket for the very first time.
Tennis is where everything started here at Kings back in the 1870's and there's still a strong and loyal core of social tennis players at the Club. As a member of Kings you get free 7 day court access, but booking is essential.
Squash and Racquetball
Although they can be played on the same court, squash and racquetball are two completely different beasts. One was invented in England and the other in America. The main differences are that Racquetball uses a larger, bouncier ball and the racquets used to play the game are tear-drop shaped with a larger stringed area.
There are also differences in rules, playing area and scoring. Racquetball also requires less skill and is a great cardio workout, as with a bigger, bouncier ball, rallies generally last longer than in squash.
Our court is used for both games. We have a long and distinguished history of producing players of great talent and our most notable success in recent years is Chris Simpson. Great players such as Lisa Opie and Martine Le Moignan also enjoyed playing squash at Kings whilst making their way to becoming World Champions.
Cardio Tennis is a great group fitness programme centred around tennis skills and we are proud to offer it at Kings. It's a social and fun group activity held on our tennis courts and features drills and games to give players of all abilities an exhilarating, high-energy workout.
Benefits of Cardio Tennis:
- You get a great full-body workout.
- The session consistently elevates your heart rate into your aerobic training zone.
- It is suitable for all ages abilities and fitness levels.
- You get short cycles of high-intensity workouts and periods of rest, akin to interval training enabling you to burn calories.
- Even though you are playing tennis the focus is primarily on getting a great workout.
- You naturally improve your game because you hit so many balls and repeat various shots.
- You can burn between 600-800 calories per session.
So, what's stopping you? Kings is Guernsey's friendliest health club and with the most extensive facilities on the island. Get in touch today to become part of the Kings family